Friday, October 26, 2012

 I saw this bike on my way back to the train station.  Who needs a car any way!

 A library in Sadawara, a nearby town where I teach Preschool.


I taught Preschool in Sadwara on Thursday.  The children are so adorable.  They are singing the songs along with me and learning the names of the picture cards I am showing them.

Yesterday I went to Miyazaki and observed the American Kindergarten ran by my friends, Dennis and Emi Petersen.  They have 75 students ranging in age from 2 to 6 years old.  They have 4 English speaking teachers there.  One is a young man named Joe, from New Jersey, the other young man is Jay, and he is from Australia.  There are two women teachers, Peta, from England and Ericka, from Australia.  This Kindergarten is acclaimed for teaching everything in English and having a lot of fun while doing it!

They celebrated October birthdays yesterday so the mothers of those children brought in cakes and treats. 

They played Pin the Tail on the Donkey!





The children bring their own lunch to school every day.  It is a display of art work to be sure!  When I made lunches for my own children it consisted of a sandwich (cut in half if they were lucky), a baggie of chips or cheetos, and a juice box.  These mothers take lunch making to a whole new level!  Notice the small rubber containers inside some boxes, and the cute little picks skewering the vegetables.  I know I took a lot of pictures, but I was just soooo amazed!



















 I need these chop sticks!

 A picture of my own lunch that is catered daily!  It had "spaghetti", shrimp, a stuffed rellano pepper, and more.  It was oishii! (delicious)
 Nap time!


Last Tuesday night we invited the Elders to come to our apato for dinner.  We also invited our friends, Mr. Kadowaki, Wenji, Hong Nan and Masa Hiro!  We made an All American meal, mostly for the sake of Elder Josh Hammond!  We had fried chicken, mashed potatoes with gravy, corn, salad, homemade rolls, and banana cream pie.  Hong Nan brought fresh fruit and Mr. Kadowaki brought more bananas and melon juice!  It was quite a feat to make a meal to feed 8 people with a small “oven” and a one burner stove.  It took some planning, but it turned out really well.  We had to borrow 4 chairs from the factory, and 4 glasses from Hong Nan, and we used almost every dish in our apartment, but we got by.  



1 comment:

  1. Okay seriously those lunches are AMAZING!!! They definitely put my mom's lunches to shame and I always thought my mom made some pretty good lunches.

    ReplyDelete